Whether you’re travelling this fall or just sticking around your hometown, here are fifteen adventures that you and your kids can try.
2. Pick out your pumpkin at a pumpkin patch.
3. Go apple picking.
4. Ride a pony.
5. Take a hike at a local park or nature center.
6. Bundle up (depending on where you live) and have a fall picnic.
7. Act like a tourist and take a carriage ride through downtown.
8. Go to the playground on a weekday.
9. Take a day-trip to a nearby town that you haven’t visited before.
10. Go to a state park and check out the fall leaves.
11. Go to a cave or other geological site. If you live in Texas, consider one of the state’s many caves or go the other direction and climb Enchanted Rock.
12. Visit a locally-owned coffee shop and have a hot chocolate.
13. If you live in Texas, consider attending the Texas Book Festival in Austin.
14. Visit the zoo or other nearby-attractions before they close for the winter.
15. Go to a football game. Bring a blanket.